Double Exposure, Inc.
  • January 16, 2021, 10:28:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroclix  (Read 20267 times)

shadowawn

• captain pulse wave
  • Junior Meeper
  • It burns!!!
Re: Heroclix
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2006, 05:19:48 PM »

if a chracter has a weapon  and exploit weakness does the weapon damage go through?  and can i perplex by damage by 3 and still get the bonus 2 for a heavy weapon?
"I would rather fail spectacularly, then suceed minimlily"  Lex Luthor

shadowawn

• captain pulse wave
  • Junior Meeper
  • It burns!!!
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2006, 05:20:52 PM »

what happened to pandolfo he posted once then disapeared
"I would rather fail spectacularly, then suceed minimlily"  Lex Luthor

matlockheed

• New Meeper
  • Now where'd that dragon go?
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2006, 03:45:37 PM »

if a chracter has a weapon  and exploit weakness does the weapon damage go through?  and can i perplex by damage by 3 and still get the bonus 2 for a heavy weapon?

Exploit Weakness should let a weapon's damage go through as it's considered "additional damage" while I'm pretty sure invuln/tough/impervious all reduce the "damage value".  In other words, if someone with a 1 damage value and a heavy object hits someone with invulnerability, their value will be reduced to zero by the invulnerability and then the object should hit for the 2 afterwards.  I'll have to read the power card again though to be sure.

The perplex up to the max and then heavy weapon definitely works.  Objects and Critical hits skate around the "rule of 3" completely because objects don't change the damage value.  They inflict "additional damage".

Tiny

• Super Meeper
    • Face Book
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2006, 11:34:47 AM »

Exploit Weakness should let a weapon's damage go through as it's considered "additional damage" while I'm pretty sure invuln/tough/impervious all reduce the "damage value".  In other words, if someone with a 1 damage value and a heavy object hits someone with invulnerability, their value will be reduced to zero by the invulnerability and then the object should hit for the 2 afterwards.  I'll have to read the power card again though to be sure.

The perplex up to the max and then heavy weapon definitely works.  Objects and Critical hits skate around the "rule of 3" completely because objects don't change the damage value.  They inflict "additional damage".

This is interesting, I will need to reexamine the wording on the rule of three. It it refers to a total adjustment to a combat situation or to only a single aspect of the situation.

explanation.
I can perplex up my attack by 3
I can perplex down my opponents defense by 3
I can use SHEILD team ability to increase my damage by 3
and use a heave object for 2 extra.
Is this a modification of 11 to the combat situation or is it 4 desperate adjustments.

It is not a situation that should ever happen because no one should ever have 6 perplexers on one team but in a big enough game it could happen.
Anthony 'Tiny" Acampora
Double Exposure VP & Convention Chairman

matlockheed

• New Meeper
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2006, 06:16:53 PM »

Rule of 3 only applies to individual Combat Values.  The values are the numbers on the dial (Move, Attack, Damage, Range and Defense).  The reason why the object tokens and criticals apply as outside is because the numbers on the dial never really apply to them.  As for using perplex to adjust every value under the sun, that's fine as far as the Ro3 goes.  The rule just says that no one value can be raised or lowered more than three (outside of replacement effects).  There's no limit on how many stats can be raised.  It'd just cost a lot of perplex.

matlockheed

• New Meeper
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2006, 06:19:06 PM »

Also, for anyone with Brick certificates, the first day for ordering the Green Lantern set is today and considering what a mess the Wizkids site is right now, it looks like the demand on this set is pretty big.

Of course it could just be that the site is glitchy.

Edit: And now it's saying it's backordered.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 09:05:47 PM by matlockheed »

matlockheed

• New Meeper
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2006, 06:35:08 PM »

Also, is there any way anyone could post on the board what the upcoming weeks are clixwise at Mint Condition?

I don't see it anywhere on the Wizkids site and I forgot to write down what next week was supposed to be yesterday.

Mr.Freeze

• New Meeper
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2006, 09:15:34 PM »

Next week is 500 Unrestricted.  YAY THINGS I TYPE.

matlockheed

• New Meeper
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2006, 05:21:30 PM »

Next week is 500 Unrestricted.  YAY THINGS I TYPE.

Cool.  Thanks!

matlockheed

• New Meeper
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2007, 12:02:30 PM »

Don't know if anyone reads this forum any more, but has anyone heard from Tiny what the point values are this week?  I figured we'd be getting 700 points again this week, but wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas.  I know Bobby was pushing for 1000.

Barbara

• Goddess of the Insane
  • Senior Meeper
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2007, 04:38:38 PM »

Hey talking to Tiny right now and he said it was 700 points unless noted on the WizKids page.

matlockheed

• New Meeper
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2007, 10:39:22 PM »

Hey,

Just wondering, if anyone is reading this board, if next week (which is New Guy Night) is 700 points or what the point total is.  It was left off the flyer for just this week.

Thanks for any info.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up