Double Exposure, Inc.
  • July 16, 2019, 02:16:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fan Expo Sept. 1 - 3 2006, Toronto, Canada  (Read 1076 times)

Mike

• Board Gaming Staff
  • Senior Meeper
  • Let the dice roll where they may.
Fan Expo Sept. 1 - 3 2006, Toronto, Canada
« on: August 22, 2006, 08:00:38 AM »

:-\  I realize this is a long shot, but I'm putting it out here anyway.  For those of you who want to
      experience a game con outside the U.S., the Canadian National Gaming Expo, or "Fan Expo"
      for short, is taking place on Labor Day Weekend.  It runs from Friday to Sunday, September
      1st to 3rd at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, which is within walking distance of the
      CN Tower and the Amtrak station there.  It features board gaming, anime, comic books,
      horror and sci-fi.  You can log on to www.hobbystar.com and click on to the word "conventions"
      at the top of the screen.  When the poster appears, click on to one of the five genres.  After
      doing this, click on to the "updates" box on the left to download the schedule{s} you're
      interested in.  So if you have no plans for Labor Day weekend, here's an idea.

FYI - since I've been to Toronto, I'll put this in as a heads up.  Toronto is about a 12 hour ride
      from the NY/NJ area by car, bus or train. (I've never made the trip by plane) In addition to a
      valid driver's license/state ID, you need a passport, visa or birth certificate when you reach the
      border.  Unless you punch out the Canadian Customs officer, you're getting into Toronto.
      Canada relies on U.S. tourist dollars.  Coming back, don't be a wise guy with the U.S. Customs
      officers.  They take their job quite seriously.  Given all that's happened in the last few years, who
      can honestly blame them?  So, as Walter Cronkite used to say, "And that's the way it is."

Mike C - Board Gamer
                                                                                                    "Have games, will travel"
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 01:03:33 PM by Mike »
Pages: [1]   Go Up