Poll

In the Marvel Civil War, 'Whose side are you on?'

Iron Man
- 2 (25%)
Captain America
- 6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Civil War  (Read 3786 times)

JediPy

• New Meeper
Civil War
« on: September 18, 2006, 12:27:15 PM »

In this uncertain time of the Marvel Universe, everyone has taken a side either for or against the Superhuman Registration Act. For those on the fence, the time will come to make a decision. Whose side are you on?

Dragontologist

• Con Suite: Feeding Hungry Gamers Everywhere
  • Administrator
  • Mega Meeper
    • Double Exposure
Re: Civil War
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 12:28:27 PM »

I'm totally on the side of keeping the timelines straight in comic books.  Which, I'm sure, is blasphemy...
--Andy Sirkin
Director of Operations & Director of Hospitality

The Super
"I ain't baby-proofing the Nexus just cause some kobalds keep getting into the furnace. Maybe a little fire'll learn 'em some."

matlockheed

• New Meeper
  • Now where'd that dragon go?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 02:42:55 PM »

Keeping timelines straight usually requires years of reading issues that most writers don't have access to.  Sometimes it's amazing that some Marvel characters can be written at all (who has Spider-Man met/not met before?).

As for sides, it's hard to imagine anyone being pro-registration.  It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Edit: And now that I view the poll, I see that it's dead even.   ;D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 03:50:59 PM by matlockheed »

Zane

• Junior Meeper
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 04:30:09 PM »

I am loosly following the storyline. And I understand the arguments both Pro and Con. But given the history of things in the Marvel universe, I would have to say that if is foolhardy, even negligent to force people who are putting their life on the line the do "the right thing", to put there identity in a database that could fairly easily be stolen or copied. I can think of more than a hanful of villians who could pull something like that off.
   And let's not pretend this is anything more than the Mutant registration act with a nice new dress and make-up to make to more politically correct. It's doeing the same thing only this time they've increase the targets.
How badly do you wish to know?

Mack Ravensline

• Super Meeper
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 10:34:26 PM »

I have not had the oppertunity to read comics regularly in a long time, and though I like both characters I must say I usually am more on Cap's side than any other.

JediPy

• New Meeper
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 11:57:07 PM »

I am apparently in the minority in support of Iron Man. I just think Iron Man is the person to usher in the new modern era of superhero/government interaction in the Marvel Universe. I mean, Cap may be a rebel, but that is so '40s if you know what I mean.

shadowawn

• captain pulse wave
  • Junior Meeper
  • It burns!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 10:51:49 AM »

i have no idea what you mean i never heard of any american rebelling in the forties.  and why does there need to be a new age of comics.  nobody has yet presented me with a good proregistration argument.  besides that look at what the proreg side is doing they simply feel the ends justify the means. 
"I would rather fail spectacularly, then suceed minimlily"  Lex Luthor
Pages: [1]   Go Up