Double Exposure, Inc.
  • October 27, 2020, 02:11:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feel Free to Rant...  (Read 9877 times)

Fox McCloud

• Dobakiin
  • Senior Staff
  • Mega Meeper
  • Double Exposure Secret Police
Re: Feel Free to Rant...
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2006, 04:55:36 PM »

yes it is the wrong reason to beleve or do something just beouse everyone else is doing it. but think of all the people who beleve in something or do something just cause everyone else does it.  its sickaning.  take my home town for example everones into emo/goth rock (it doesnt make sence to me ether) but so many people who want to be accepted change thare whole aperance just to "fit it" (it doesnt make anyone like them any more mind you).  thare is this kid at my high scool who has no sighns of emotanal distress or any of those things but still ended up with slash marks on his arm. now i go to a scool in a different area and me and this kid go to the same scool so the people arnt as mutch into the whole emo/goth thing and we told him that he shouldnt do that. and all of a sudden it stoped happening so obviously the kid had no real problems besides being a socal outcast.  now its easy for us to say o you shouldnt just go with the socal "norm" we are gamers.  but here this kid is willing to cut himself to be consitard "cool" i gess the point im trying to make is that people just want to be accepted and that people will go to grait langths to get what they want. its hard to understand why this kid wold do this unless you lived in my area but trust me its true. 

-Fox
"What the lion cannot manage to do, the Fox can."  -German Proverb

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools."
ó Thucydides

"House Ares!  HOAH!"

Bron Price

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 08:36:29 PM »

Fear not my dyslexic, Michael Smith, spelling friend Fox.† While it is true that a lot of people hate because they simply donít understand, it is something we must all live with sometimes in our lives.† A lot of people become gamers because itís a way of escape from what some would consider their own miserable lives.† I for one am quite familiar with someone who cut up his arms and pretended he was in a fight just to garner the attention of others.† I considered him an idiot.†

Going to Double Exposure conventions for over a decade now (Yikes, thatís a long time), I have met a lot of people who either confuse me for my character or donít bother getting to know me.† A lot think that my character and myself are one and the same.† As I have explained to someone that I confidently refer to as "the psycho", if I were Bron Price, you'd be dead.† If I donít know you have a problem with me, I can hardly try and correct it.† Also, if I feel that I will be wasting my time talking to you, I won't bother.† I hate wasting time.  I have no problem helping people but two things have to happen first.† One, they have to see that there might be a problem.† Two, they have to be willing to accept help if they know it is available.† That second part is harder than you think as a lot are ignorant to know that the help is there even when it has been explained to them.† I am quite comfortable in trusting myself to do things.† Yes, it is hard for me to accept help as well but I have taken it, grudgingly.† †

In the years that I have been attending the conventions, I have met a few people (rumor has it they actually want to commit bodily harm against me ::chuckle:: ) that have grown to hate me.† ::shrug::† Stand in line and wait your turn.† I learned a long time ago that you canít please everyone all the time.† So, I donít try to.† On the flip side of that token, I have made many MANY friends because of my visits to said conventions and carry these friendships away from the conventions as well.† In the end, it makes it all worthwhile.† †

Fox McCloud

• Dobakiin
  • Senior Staff
  • Mega Meeper
  • Double Exposure Secret Police
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2006, 06:34:26 PM »

I apologise for not responding sooner.  it was one of those things where i looked at it and was too busy to or just didnt want to write a sutable response.  anyway i personaly do not have a problem with you or your charictor.  but it may be that you come off alittle...arrogant sometimes...at least your charictor.  but you are a good leader and i think you should stay as the counsil head.

Fear not my dyslexic, Michael Smith, spelling friend Fox

i still dont understand the Michael Smith refreance. care to shead some light on that?
"What the lion cannot manage to do, the Fox can."  -German Proverb

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools."
ó Thucydides

"House Ares!  HOAH!"

Bron Price

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2006, 08:24:31 AM »

LOL† †If Bron came off as arrogant to you, then I played him correctly† :-)† Thank you for the compliment.† Michael Smith, the new second of House Godot, is notoriously a bad speller.† As he points out, he is a Physics teacher and they have no need for good spelling.† Good to have met you.

NuMike

• New Meeper
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2006, 02:45:56 PM »

Michael Smith, the new second of House Godot, is notoriously a bad speller.  As he points out, he is a Physics teacher and they have no need for good spelling.  Good to have met you.

*chuckle*
NuMikeô, to be replaced shortly with Mike Classicô

Stran Tannish

• Archmage of the Magik Grove
  • Senior Meeper
  • Godot House Head
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 07:41:40 PM »

Well I'm a music major in school and I've got pretty decent spelling...what's my excuse Bron?
Nothing is more important than Love and Family. Not power, not ambition.
The man who lives his life surrounded by those he loves, truly has all of the power.

-Walter Soto

cattana423

• Senior Meeper
  • this too shall pass
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 01:04:07 AM »

Also despite a difference in beliefs I would like to think everyone here is at least passingly intelligent and capable of defending themselves in a debate. As seen with some of my posts here i don't agree with everyone but that does not affect my behavior towards them.After al I can accept some people just being wrong  :D that was a joke  ha ha ha ha (just being careful)
All things must pass

Mack Ravensline

• Super Meeper
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 01:18:14 PM »

Also despite a difference in beliefs I would like to think everyone here is at least passingly intelligent and capable of defending themselves in a debate. As seen with some of my posts here i don't agree with everyone but that does not affect my behavior towards them.After al I can accept some people just being wrong  :D that was a joke  ha ha ha ha (just being careful)
I agree 100%. The debates we have here should never turn personal. I may strongly disagree with someone's opinion, but when it turns into an attack or something like it, I usually try to extract myself from a thread before saying something I will regret later, when my relationship with the person I have disagreed with here, turns sour. When this becomes a pissing match it is no longer worth my time. Paul, John, Molly and Dave have almost opposite opinions to mine on almost every subject relating to religion and politics, but I enjoy the discourse with them most of the time, and want to keep friendships with each of them. Let's not get nasty about this folks.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up