Double Exposure, Inc.
  • September 24, 2018, 07:12:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MACE 2005: DENCC Champions for Region 10  (Read 4868 times)

seawolf

• Convention Staff
  • New Meeper
MACE 2005: DENCC Champions for Region 10
« on: November 14, 2005, 05:52:12 PM »

Buffy round 1 through 3: Jeff Burcher, Brooke Donaldson, Allen Crouch

Puerto Rico: Tito Sierra

Gloom & Lunch Money: Julius Leak

Carcassone: Rachel Chapin

D6 Bloodshadows: Jacob Possin

Avie

• Double Exposure, Senior Vice President
  • Administrator
  • Mega Meeper
    • Double Exposure
Re: MACE 2005: DENCC Champions for Region 10
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 07:31:43 PM »

Buffy/Angel - three winners?

seawolf

• Convention Staff
  • New Meeper
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 10:12:08 PM »

Yes, three different sessions, three winners.  Not sure how else you would want to do that. 

Ron

Salvius

• Administrator
  • Mega Meeper
    • Double Exposure, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 06:51:20 AM »

Yes, three different sessions, three winners.  Not sure how else you would want to do that. 

Ron

Ron, the role playing regional championships are two preliminary rounds and one final round; usually on the Buffy/Angel game, the first round is Buffy, the second round is Angel, and then the top 3 or 4 from each table advance to the final round which is a combination of the two systems.

You can always use the Southern Exposure or the DREAMATION schedule as a guide for all Championship rounds; archived schedules are located on the Double Exposure home page http://www.dexposure.com

Anyway, we'll list your winners on the DENCC page as you have them for this year :)

>>>Vinny

seawolf

• Convention Staff
  • New Meeper
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 10:41:20 AM »

Ron, the role playing regional championships are two preliminary rounds and one final round; usually on the Buffy/Angel game, the first round is Buffy, the second round is Angel, and then the top 3 or 4 from each table advance to the final round which is a combination of the two systems.
>>>Vinny

OK, this goes above and beyond what was originally proposed as a DENCC tournament.  Originally, as I read it, we just slap the DENCC Region X Tournament label on it, with a little paper work, and we have a game.  Now you are asking my GMs to arrange the session to be multiple round tournamets when all they want to do is run a game.  That's a little more than what was originally explained as DENCC sanctioned games.  This should have been explained a little more up-front, in detail.

I am sorry, I just did not get that out of all that was communicated.

Ron

Salvius

• Administrator
  • Mega Meeper
    • Double Exposure, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 11:17:01 AM »

OK, this goes above and beyond what was originally proposed as a DENCC tournament.  Originally, as I read it, we just slap the DENCC Region X Tournament label on it, with a little paper work, and we have a game.  Now you are asking my GMs to arrange the session to be multiple round tournamets when all they want to do is run a game.  That's a little more than what was originally explained as DENCC sanctioned games.  This should have been explained a little more up-front, in detail.

I am sorry, I just did not get that out of all that was communicated.

Ron

Ron,

As I said, we'll post three winners for this particular Championship. For next year, we'll make sure we're all ont he same wavelength.

>>>Vinny

seawolf

• Convention Staff
  • New Meeper
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 12:54:56 PM »

Ron,

As I said, we'll post three winners for this particular Championship. For next year, we'll make sure we're all ont he same wavelength.

>>>Vinny

I appreciate that.  If I may, a few suggestions for the future, especially if you want MACE to participate in this any further...

(1) Get the next season web site done and ready before the current season ends.  The advertisement on your end did not happen because you could not get it up and running soon enough.

(2) Please try to send support that ties into the games a little better.  Most everything was OK, except for the Buffy stuff. 

(3a) If you want a tournament run a specific way, I suggest you play a stronger role finding the GM for it.  I know this is still fledgling and just getting started, but as your contact pool grows, you will have GMs that understand the format you want to run. 

(3b) Otherwise, if  you have  specific formats you want to follow, especially in the area of RPGs, you need to define them out and post the to the web site.  You need to include all possiblities.... from multiple round tournaments to single round events.

Everything came on time, so I appreciate you guys getting the stuff out quick enough.  I can see the potential in this, I truly can.  I am not trying to slam you guys, just constructively crtiscise with hopes things will only get better as years go on.

Because my parents live in Bridgewater, NJ, I am considering a trip up there to visit Dexacon.  Maybe even run a game or three.

Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up