Double Exposure, Inc.
  • December 17, 2017, 12:37:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would they play it?  (Read 2032 times)

Hisnameisjack

• New Meeper
    • My Facebook page
Would they play it?
« on: October 11, 2009, 07:02:19 PM »

for the upcoming Dreamation, my dad and i were planning to GM to attend as usual. Of course we will be hosting the very much enjoyed "Left 4 Dead: Zombie Apocalypse" game, but seeing as how these games take a loooong time, -depending on amount of player could be up to 4 hours i think..-
I was hoping to instead of hosting 2 games per day, that we host 1 game, and try something new.
The only question was what? so this weekend, i was at my dads and we were playing "Necromunda", a very enjoyable wargaming/roleplaying game, when i said "Hey we should host this to mix things up instead of the normal zombie games." my father responded how the only problem with that is that people may not want to play it. so understanding that because of the fact that its older, and been buried away for awhile, i felt very sullen at the loss of such a great idea. but then a new one took its place looking at the Goliath figures which reminded me of... of... RAIDERS :D!!! That's IT!! I was  bugging my dad to help with the project to convert the Necromunda core rules, into a very watered down "Fallout RPG", last year -ALOT- and he was always saying "that's next years project". well its finally next year.

So for the next  2 weeks or so, I will be :
1. Familiarizing myself with everything related to Necromunda, rules, game concept, goals, play styles. and decide how its going to play out as a rpg.
2. reading up on a lot of Fallout lore, equipment and the such.
3. converting everyting.
sooo would anyone play it?
Morality is an opinion.

Sinkuu

Re: Would they play it?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 09:22:27 AM »

my advice to you is to run it up the flagpole and see who salutes.

not everyone who attends the conventions peruses these forums.

get yourself set, submit an event form, and be ready. run it once or twice with friends to work out any kinks or stuff like that.

show off at the con, win praise.

step 3: profit.

Felicia

• Senior Meeper
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 05:33:05 PM »

Have you considered pitching this idea to the Wargaming department?  They might be interested in this.

Felicia

Hisnameisjack

• New Meeper
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 05:05:27 PM »

The alpha should be up soon, anyone know a good site to host the word file? If i can finish writing it up soon the gameplay aspect should be play tested this weekend. the in between section has to written still. -buying equipment, territories, hiring mercs, leveling up-
once i alpha test it and make whatever modifications necessary ill post the beta ad what not, i should see this wrapped up in a month or so. but school gets in the way so no promises there.
Morality is an opinion.

SSR667

• New Meeper
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 12:19:51 PM »

I'd have to say set it up for play and see who bites. I know my kids and I tend to try and get in 1 session of that game when possible. The only real problem that you are looking at is what else is scheduled during your slot. Both the 11 and 13 year old are getting intereted in table top and miniatures. You should not have a problem attracting players.
Pages: [1]   Go Up