Double Exposure, Inc.
  • December 14, 2018, 12:40:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dateline: Uganda  (Read 1937 times)

Alf Cunha

• Super Meeper
Dateline: Uganda
« on: December 28, 2009, 08:08:29 PM »

Ω - Surprised no one has posted this tidbit, a colleague of mine equated it to the Holocaust (she may not be far off on that count)

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/12/08/uganda.anti.gay.bill/

Alf
Alf Cunha
Item GM

Mack Ravensline

• Super Meeper
Re: Dateline: Uganda
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 08:20:04 AM »

Unfortunately, this is not all that uncommon. In Iran and several other Muslim countries homosexuality is already punishable by death.

Alf Cunha

• Super Meeper
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »

Ω - I think the biggest concern is the fact that someone could be executed for having HIV (which means people won't get tested, which means the disease will continue to spread in a region where it's already at epidemic levels)
Alf Cunha
Item GM

KevinM

• Junior Meeper
    • Delaware Valley Demonology Research
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 07:35:45 PM »

This may not be the scale of the holocaust but its the same disgusting evil thinking behind it.  Even setting aside the homosexaulity as a crime punishable by death which is disgusting in its own right the idea of executing people for having a disease.  If we were talking about some thing highly contagious, fatal and incurable that would be one thing, wrong yes but at least comprehensible, but for some thing that the spread of which can be controlled? 

when the nazis started their "cleansings" they started with the disabled and as time went on focused on people that were socially undesirable (jews, romani, jehovah's witnesses).  this certainly seems to be a decision to follow in Hitler's footsteps.
"I am The Master, you will obey me"

Mack Ravensline

• Super Meeper
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 11:48:04 AM »

Nothing about what they are doing is defensable. There should be sanctions against their Government. Unfortunately if you cut off aid to them, the people will starve. It is bad enough that most of the humanitarian aid given to the people is almost immediately confiscated for their militia which is used to further brutalize their people. This is definately something that should be addressed, however how do you do this without occupying forces and long drawn out wars? It is a not easily solved problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up