Double Exposure, Inc.
  • November 20, 2019, 02:33:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's the end of the world as we know it... or maybe not  (Read 1796 times)

Felicia

• Senior Meeper
It's the end of the world as we know it... or maybe not
« on: October 20, 2010, 10:41:03 AM »

Apparently, someone made a math error on the Mayan calendar conversion to the current calendar system.  OOPSIE.

Read all about it:  http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20101019/sc_livescience/endoftheearthpostponed

KevinM

• Junior Meeper
    • Delaware Valley Demonology Research
Re: It's the end of the world as we know it... or maybe not
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 07:56:40 PM »

2012 has always been a load of hogwash.  That they may have screwed up the math doesn't surprise me much but for that matter the whole premise is nonsense.  Why would the change of a cycle mean the end of the world?  It'd be like expecting the end of the world every December 31st because its the end of the year or every saturday because its the end of the week.  The mayan calender doesn't end in 2012 any more then the gregorian calender ends on december 31.  See http://www.examiner.com/ghosts-angels-demons-in-philadelphia/end-times-101-will-2012-mark-the-end-of-the-world for a more detailed look.
"I am The Master, you will obey me"

Felicia

• Senior Meeper
Re: It's the end of the world as we know it... or maybe not
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 10:26:03 PM »

I agree with you that the '2012 apocalypse' is a load of bunk.  I just found it amusing that someone finally 'fessed up to it.   ;D

However, this news didn't get disseminated all over the Internets like the other stuff did.  Oh well... <shrug>
Pages: [1]   Go Up