Double Exposure, Inc.
  • December 05, 2019, 08:35:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Clue: The LARP  (Read 8371 times)

ghaunden

• Unknown Legend
  • Junior Meeper
Clue: The LARP
« on: January 18, 2012, 11:22:22 PM »

Aloha Everyone! 

Kitsune Entertainment is playtesting a CLUE LARP at Dreamation this year.  Players will come in and get to assume the role of one of the ten Clue characters and try and solve a murder, or two, or three...

We are doing two playtests of the scenario on Saturday during the day.  We've got a 2PM-4PM session and a 4:30PM-6:30PM session. 

Players can choose from:

Miss Scarlet
Col. Mustard
Mr. Green
Mrs. White
Mrs. Peacock
Prof. Plum
Mme. Rose
M. Brunette
Miss Peach
Sgt. Gray

Players will be given a bio of the character (with some updates that depart from the boardgames.), their current relationship to the other characters, and how they fit into the mix with Mr. Boddy.  Then it's game on. 

Just so that everyone knows up front, we are asking players to only play in one session or the other so that as many different people as possible get to play overall.

Since this is a playtest, we are sincerely asking for players' feedback after playing so that we know what works and what doesn't.

See you all at the con!

--James--
Try it, you'll like it!

CthulhuWife

• Board Gaming Staff
  • Junior Meeper
Re: Clue: The LARP
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 09:27:14 AM »

if we pre-register for the game, would we be able to contact you to reserve a character before the con?  I love costuming to the character when possible!  I don't know if I'll be able to make it yet, my schedule this year is complicated, but I'm trying to plan ahead where I can.  :)

~Andi

ghaunden

• Unknown Legend
  • Junior Meeper
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 11:20:27 AM »

You most certainly can reserve a character ahead of time.  Just tell me which character and which session, and we will hold that character for you.
Try it, you'll like it!

CthulhuWife

• Board Gaming Staff
  • Junior Meeper
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 08:34:23 PM »

Cool :)  When I figure out if and when I can play (I have to coordinate my schedule with others) I'll let you know.

CthulhuWife

• Board Gaming Staff
  • Junior Meeper
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 07:26:53 PM »

Got it all figured out and registered.  Could you hold Mrs. White for me for the 6-8 run?  Thanks!

Andi G

ghaunden

• Unknown Legend
  • Junior Meeper
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 08:40:07 PM »

I will hold Mrs. White for the 6-8 session for you.
Try it, you'll like it!

CthulhuWife

• Board Gaming Staff
  • Junior Meeper
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 05:27:58 AM »

Awesome!  Thanks!

CthulhuWife

• Board Gaming Staff
  • Junior Meeper
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 01:34:06 PM »

Thanks again for running this game!  It was an interesting concept.

ghaunden

• Unknown Legend
  • Junior Meeper
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 04:49:13 PM »

Thank you for playing. 

Pre-planning has begun for Clue at Dexcon.
Try it, you'll like it!

Dragontologist

• Con Suite: Feeding Hungry Gamers Everywhere
  • Administrator
  • Mega Meeper
    • Double Exposure
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 06:21:17 PM »

It's a frame-up!  Mr. Body is the REAL killer!
--Andy Sirkin
Director of Operations & Director of Hospitality

The Super
"I ain't baby-proofing the Nexus just cause some kobalds keep getting into the furnace. Maybe a little fire'll learn 'em some."

ghaunden

• Unknown Legend
  • Junior Meeper
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 04:29:30 PM »

Dexcon 2012 will see a return of the successful CLUE LARP from this year's Dreamation.  At Dexcon, not one, but two separate scenarios will be run for the players in attendance.  Scenario one is:  Boddy in Berlin.  Postwar early Cold War Berlin, and everyone is a spy looking to meet up with the elusive Mr. Boddy in order to obtain the secret documents. This Scenario will take place on Friday from 2PM-4PM and Saturday from 2PM-4PM.  Scenario two is:  Welcome to Hollywood.  Studio Mogul Mr. Boddy is throwing a big studio party that is also a casting call for his latest movie where some of the cast are actors, and some are crew.  This scenario will take place on Friday from 4PM-6PM and Saturday from 4PM-6PM.

If you wish to know more about who each character is or if you wish to reserve a character, email me privately at ghaunden@aol.com with all of your questions and requests.  Please make sure to let me know which scenario you are referring to when making your inquiry or reservation.  If you make a reservation, please tell me which timeslot you are reserving your character for.

As per usual, Didit and Yvette will be on hand to serve your needs and trade gossip.
Try it, you'll like it!

ghaunden

• Unknown Legend
  • Junior Meeper
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 02:47:18 PM »

Dreamation 2013 will once again see not one, but two CLUE scenarios. 

First we have Mind, Boddy, and Soul.  Mr. Boddy has been murdered and now his dear grieving wife, Yvette, wants to
hold a Seance before the reading of his will.  She has invited all of Mr. Boddy's closest friends and associates to take part so that maybe he can disclose from the afterlife the identity of his killer.  Yvette has also stated that anyone who refuses to take part will be cut from the will.  Will the killer be revealed or will he or she get away with murder? 

Second, we have Mr. Boddy's Cutthroat Kitchen.  Mr. Boddy's Kitchen is the latest cooking-craze TV Show competition.  For this event he has gathered master chefs from all across the globe to do battle on his stage for the delight of the masses.  However, something is not as it seems and the entire competition risks being thrown into turmoil.  Are there too many chefs in the kitchen?  Who will end up with the prize? 

As always, all ten of the CLUE characters are up for grabs in both of these events.

Cutthroat Kitchen is running on Friday and Saturday from 2pm-4pm.
Mind, Boddy, and Soul is running on Friday and Saturday from 4pm-6pm.
Try it, you'll like it!

ghaunden

• Unknown Legend
  • Junior Meeper
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 11:09:57 PM »

Our two latest CLUE scenarios were well-received at Dreamation this year, and other new scenarios are planned to debut at Dexcon this summer.  Thank you all who played. 
Try it, you'll like it!

ghaunden

• Unknown Legend
  • Junior Meeper
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 11:22:02 AM »

As has become a tradition, Clue:  The LARP will be returning to this year's Dexcon with two brand new scenarios. 

The first is set in Egypt in the 1920's, entitled "Where's My Mummy?"  It is scheduled for Thursday and Friday from 2PM-4PM.

The second is the futuristic sci-fi disaster event entitled "Time is Running Out!"  That is scheduled for Thursday and Friday from 4PM-6PM. 

As usual, you may reserve a character of your choice ahead of time.
Try it, you'll like it!

ghaunden

• Unknown Legend
  • Junior Meeper
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 11:31:22 AM »

Kitsune Entertainment is proud to announce that Clue:  The LARP is coming to Dreamation 2014!!!  In our glorious tradition of murder and mayhem we have two new scenarios for players to enjoy. 

1.  Take it to the Bank.  Our delightful cast has robbed a bank and is now back at their hideout divvying up the loot before the cops find out where they are.  Friday 8PM-10PM

2.  The Boddy Shop.  Our cast are now a bunch of human lab rats in a secret scientific research project.  What dreams, or nightmares may come of this?  Friday 10PM-Midnight.

Due to the (potential) subject matter of these two scenarios, only participants over the age of 18 will be able to play this time out.  Sorry kiddies!

Next, we are trying a new format for the LARPs.  This time, all characters are written to be gender neutral and can thus be portrayed by either men or women without the character losing any aspects of their plot.

Space is limited, so if you want in, sign up on Big Board.  If you want a specific character, all you have to do is drop me a line like always.

I hope to see everyone there!
Try it, you'll like it!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up