Double Exposure, Inc.
  • December 10, 2018, 10:14:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Oi  (Read 9006 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Abigail

  • New Meeper
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 32
Oi
« on: July 04, 2016, 06:32:14 PM »

♀ - A young woman in her mid-to-late teens stands in between the diner and inn comprising the center of activity that has been the focus of Nexal activity of late.  She is wearing what appears to be a school uniform of some sort, accesorized with fishnets, heavy boots, and dark makeup ... giving her appearance a decidedly gothic flaour.  The girl bites her lip and contemplates, her brow furrowing a bit, "well ... i's not like 'sall just goin' ta fall into place for me, is it?"


« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:10:56 PM by Abigail »
Logged
A witch ought never to be frightened in the darkest forest ... because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her - Terry Pratchett

Prince Evo

  • The Last Prince
  • New Meeper
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 31
  • A responsible Prince walks among his subjects
Re: Oi
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 08:50:56 PM »

Striding from the direction of the [Park] and the [Caves] comes a tall human figure dressed in black formal garb. Slight green highlights almost illuminate the outfit from within, giving an almost otherworldly look to the gentleman. The only diversion from the green and black color palette are his eyes, which are an icy blue. He stops at every corner and surveys the buildings and the world around him, as though burning the scenes before him to memory. He was there when this settlement was born, after all, and he should commit its layout and its people to memory.

Mother taught him well, after all.

He hasn't noticed the young woman of yet, though his travel has not taken him to her location.
Logged
Love me, Hate me, but do so honestly. I am, after all... my mother's son.

Abigail

  • New Meeper
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 32
Re: Oi
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 09:26:50 PM »

♀ - Abby stands on the street between the Prancing Myth and the Golden Meanwhile, deciding the area is a bit too crowded.  Deciding to make a layout of the area she proceeds to the Park to give herself an environment more conducive to clear thinking.

♀ - She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes, centering herself before reopening her eyes and looking on her surroundings with a little more focus.  She tilts her head as she looks toward the ... presumably ... northeast and tilts her head, smiling.

♀ - Abby breaks into a casual jog, stopping at the Alchemy Lab and knocking before attempting to push the door open, "oi .. anyone 'ome? I was lookin' to borrow somethin' for a tick."

♀ - Assuming there is no resistance from the door, Abby steps into the Alchemy Lab, "'ello? This'd be far more comfortable if I knew everyone's names bet'er."  The young woman does a quick scan of the lab and takes pen to notepad, scribbling something down.  She then moves behind the counter and selects four glass vials with stoppers before crouching down by the remains of the cauldron fire and scooping some of the ashes into one of the containers.  Abby then slides the vials into a small belt pouch and proceeds back out the door, closing it gently behind her and making her way to the Quarry, "back in a mo, with everything the way I found it!"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:11:06 PM by Abigail »
Logged
A witch ought never to be frightened in the darkest forest ... because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her - Terry Pratchett

Prince Evo

  • The Last Prince
  • New Meeper
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 31
  • A responsible Prince walks among his subjects
Re: Oi
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 02:59:28 PM »

This caught the Prince's attention. The only other person of consequence on the roads (obnoxiously cheerful though they may be) and she seemed to be on something of a mission. From here to there, to the park, to the Chemist's, and now off again.

This caught his eye. The last time he saw people move with such a purpose they were assembling this world with small children's toys... and that's when it struck him. She was there at the beginning, though absent at the culmination. Explained why he knew little about her.

He would not pursue her, per say. Though, he would see where it was she was going. After all, she may eventually decide to investigate his caves. To be an absent host simply wouldn't do. Simply no.

So for that, he'd follow behind her. Certainly give her her space. This was the first interesting thing to happen since he was catapulted from where he was and arrived where he had found himself after all.
Logged
Love me, Hate me, but do so honestly. I am, after all... my mother's son.

Abigail

  • New Meeper
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 32
Re: Oi
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 08:15:17 PM »

♀ - The girl walks briskly toward the quarry and crouches, sifting through the dirt with her fingers before reaching into the ground and pulling out a rich clump of earth.  With her free hand, she retrieves a vial and carefully fills it with the dark soil.  After capping the vial, Abby stands and dusts off her hands as best she can, turning on her heel and heading south toward the Park ... seemingly making no notice of the individual shadowing her.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:11:13 PM by Abigail »
Logged
A witch ought never to be frightened in the darkest forest ... because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her - Terry Pratchett

AkachiRyu

  • New Meeper
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13
Re: Oi
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 09:30:52 AM »

The park, however, was not unoccupied.  Easily seen back amongst some of the trees was a small hut, which Kira diligently was continuing to work on.  Testing some of the woven leaves and branches that formed the roof, she was adding where it seemed like it wasn't fully sealed.  Wolf ears perched on top of her head twitched at the sound of motion near the park, however she figured if they wanted to speak to her, they would. 
Logged

Abigail

  • New Meeper
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 32
Re: Oi
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 10:13:14 AM »

♀ - Abby pauses for a moment, seeing the Park's occupant diligently working at building her hut.  She waves, offerign a slight smile and sighs, quietly saying to herself, "I 'ope I 'aven't bitten off more 'n I can chew with this".  With a the brief greeting done, the girl picks her way through the Park and crouches near the stream, revealing the third vial and filling it with the clear flowing water.  Upon completeing this task, she looks about and narrows her eyes, deciding she should continue south for her next stop.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:11:23 PM by Abigail »
Logged
A witch ought never to be frightened in the darkest forest ... because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her - Terry Pratchett

Prince Evo

  • The Last Prince
  • New Meeper
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 31
  • A responsible Prince walks among his subjects
Re: Oi
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 04:00:09 PM »

After Abby's passing through the woods, there is a period of silence that lasts just a few seconds shy of 'Too Long' before another figure walks through Kira's field of vision. Though this figure was not some unknown visitor to these lands, it was Evo. The Prince spared Kira a quick glance, as though to assure her that this visitor wasn't just roaming around unsupervised... though Abigail wasn't technically a stranger or some unknown visitor. He spared Kira a quick glance and a nod, as though that were enough to assure her that the matter had someone watching.

He then continued to shadow the young witch.
Logged
Love me, Hate me, but do so honestly. I am, after all... my mother's son.

Abigail

  • New Meeper
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 32
Re: Oi
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 10:41:59 AM »

♀ - The lean young woman winds her way down the main thoroughfare of the central ... what did they call it? ... right, the Nexus.  Her heavy boots make a rhythmic sound as she takes in her surroundings, searching for the final component: an inn, a tavern, a saloon. "'m startin' to sense a bit of a theme, 'ere", she says to herself. She takes in the large structure on her left, some sort of military installation crossed with a video arcade across from the underground.  Finally, she comes to the current end of the proverbial road and sees the large Gothic structure.  She smiles as she  makes her way into the library, taking a deep breath and finding the atmosphere much to her liking.  Sliding a slender wand from her boot,, she makes a fluid motion about her, stirring up a small breeze before producing the last vial and holding it above her for a moment.  She caps it it quickly and turns to briskly make her way back from whence she came.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:11:31 PM by Abigail »
Logged
A witch ought never to be frightened in the darkest forest ... because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her - Terry Pratchett

Prince Evo

  • The Last Prince
  • New Meeper
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 31
  • A responsible Prince walks among his subjects
Re: Oi
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 09:58:44 AM »

What an enterprising child this one was. She went to the chemist's, then perhaps was sent on an errand to gather supplies. To the park, to the quarry, and now to the library to read on what she had seen and heard. A bonus was that this particular library wasn't even within the top thirty of the most obnoxious designs for a place of learning that the prince had seen.

He wouldn't stoop to skulking, but he truly had no pressing need to enter the library at this time. He'd wait a few minutes, leaning comfortably against the wall of the above ground portion of the [Subway Station] across the [Dreadfully Glittery Road] to see if she came back out. While it bothered him that this little chase and shadow was the most exciting thing to do at the moment (beating out 'deal with Kobolds'), a little relative downtime was welcome.
Logged
Love me, Hate me, but do so honestly. I am, after all... my mother's son.

AkachiRyu

  • New Meeper
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13
Re: Oi
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 10:37:01 AM »

Kira's curiousity was definitely peaked.  What was that small container the woman was using?  Why did she need water from the stream?  But it seemed the young woman was on a mission, so Kira finished patching the last area of the roof when she spotted Evo coming through, apparently following Abigail. 

Well that was it.  There was more to do on the hut, but she could do it later.  Right now she wanted to find out what was going on.  While they had already passed through and were out of sight, a wiff of the air told her that their scent still hung there.  She followed it to find Evo leaning against the Subway Station and smiled, approaching him with a wave of greeting.  The woman's trail led into the library, and the shifter spared a glance towards the intimidating building before speaking.  "What's she up to?" she finally asked.
Logged

Abigail

  • New Meeper
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 32
Re: Oi
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 10:55:48 AM »

♀ - After only a few minutes inside the large building, Abby makes her way down the from stairs and secures the pouch at her side.  She draws back her dark hair, binding it with a hair tie and breaks into an easy jog, her movements making it clear that running is not an uncommon practice for her as she makes long easy strides back toward The Crafty Cookie.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:11:40 PM by Abigail »
Logged
A witch ought never to be frightened in the darkest forest ... because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her - Terry Pratchett

Prince Evo

  • The Last Prince
  • New Meeper
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 31
  • A responsible Prince walks among his subjects
Re: Oi
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 11:27:47 AM »

She followed it to find Evo leaning against the Subway Station and smiled, approaching him with a wave of greeting.  The woman's trail led into the library, and the shifter spared a glance towards the intimidating building before speaking.  "What's she up to?" she finally asked.

Evo returned the gesture of greeting with one of his own, and gave no motion for her to stop. As she turned to look at the Library he followed her glance towards the structure. At her question, "She has been about, though this all started at the chemist's. She's either out searching for the chemist, or out gathering resources FOR the chemist in lieu of payment for something."

"I've been keeping an eye on her, though mostly to ensure that nothing befalls her. In any ruled land, a responsible prince should care for the well being of his subjects." he was silent for a moment, "I know I am not YOUR Prince, but I am A Prince... and I should act accordingly."

And then Abigail exited the building, making excellent time down the street. "With a stride such as that, perhaps she has collected everything needed by the chemist. You are, of course, welcome to accompany me." a royal invitation, with his hand extended towards the wolf-eared girl.
Logged
Love me, Hate me, but do so honestly. I am, after all... my mother's son.

AkachiRyu

  • New Meeper
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13
Re: Oi
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2016, 01:06:13 PM »

Kira listened patiently, her mind continuing to liken 'prince' to 'chief', making her nod in agreement.  Chiefs were always held to a higher standard, weren't they?  But then the other woman was off again and he was extending a hand to her.  Grinning she accepted.  "Let's see what she's up to then," she informed him.  Although when she saw the other woman's destination she had to refrain from giving a sigh.  Her recent interactions with the owner of said bakery weren't exactly pleasurable.  For all she knew he wasn't there though.  Guess we'll see!
Logged

Abigail

  • New Meeper
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 32
Re: Oi
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 01:26:23 PM »

♀ - The young witch makes easy time returning from the library ... crossing the sparkling (honestly?) road and jogging past The Vault ... and showing no sign of having noticed the pair following her (although whether she actually HAD was another matter altogether).  Her swift gait takes her past the Golden Meanwhile, and then the bakery and ersatz Sheriff's Office.  She takes the time to wave casually at a unformed kobold casually nibbling on a snickerdoodle.

♀ - Rather than crossing the street and arriving at the alchemist's shop, Abby makes her way to the empty lot north of the bakery, east of the alchemist.  she pauses a moment, looking about the area and carefully paces around the immediate area, deliberately measuring her steps and focusing her concentration.  Her hand casually moves to open the belt pouch, folding the overflap back and allowing easy access to the contents within.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:11:54 PM by Abigail »
Logged
A witch ought never to be frightened in the darkest forest ... because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her - Terry Pratchett
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up