Double Exposure, Inc.
  • December 10, 2018, 09:03:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How does Metatopia work for designers?  (Read 490 times)

Jan_P

• New Meeper
How does Metatopia work for designers?
« on: September 24, 2018, 02:08:20 PM »

Hey! Considering attending Metatopia as a designer and I can't really find any information about how it works. Here are some questions I have:

Do you have to submit your game upfront or can I bring my game, in whatever state it happens to be in, on the day of the convention?
How do you determine a schedule for your playtests?
Do people sign-up for you game at the convention or in advance?
How complete should your game be before playtesting it at Metatopia?
I think I read somewhere about hotel room-sharing - how does that work?

Thanks!

Dragontologist

• Con Suite: Feeding Hungry Gamers Everywhere
  • Administrator
  • Mega Meeper
    • Double Exposure
Re: How does Metatopia work for designers?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 02:17:40 PM »

Hi Jan,
You will have to prereg as a designer beforehand, which you can do here: https://www.dexposure.com/m2018i.html
No matter what state your game is in, you can bring it, but we will need a description before the event. We've literally had people bring in games at all stages of production. Once, someone brought in two pieces of hand-written paper to talk to people about how to develop their game properly! So don't worry if you're not production ready.
The schedules for playtests are completely customized based on a phone call that you'll get sometime after you preregister. Right now we're organizing the panel schedule, and we'll fit you in around things that you want to attend.
Players who sign up to play in your game will get the opportunity to prereg for events and sign up at the event if it's not full.
For hotel room sharing, we don't do anything officially, but you can post here on our forums, or join the fan-created Facebook group and ask there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/METATOPIAfans/
--Andy Sirkin
Director of Operations & Director of Hospitality

The Super
"I ain't baby-proofing the Nexus just cause some kobalds keep getting into the furnace. Maybe a little fire'll learn 'em some."
Pages: [1]   Go Up