Double Exposure, Inc.
  • September 20, 2019, 01:55:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Indie Games Explosion  (Read 3626 times)

TonyLB

• Game Companies
  • New Meeper
Indie Games Explosion
« on: November 05, 2005, 08:49:53 AM »

We're working on the newest iteration of the Indie Game Explosion, where a bunch of designers of creator-owned games get together and present our hot new stuff as a group (to better entice and astound).  I'm Tony, and I'm running the booth, which I want to make into a place of much fun and relaxation. 

So I have lots of questions, for various folks.  If you have an answer for any of these, I want to hear it:
  • Are there comfier chairs available than the conference-room standard that the hotel brings around whenever a person asks for a table?  It would be nice to have a nook where people can just sit and chat.  Our designers always stand around and chatter about RPG theory anyway, might as well encourage other folks to sit and keep us more on track with what's happening.
  • Do people want most of the emphasis on scheduled demonstrations ("Sorceror at 10:30 a.m., My Life with Master at 10:45") so that they can check out the whiteboard at a glance and see when they should wander back?  Or would they prefer that the emphasis be on demoing on request ("Hey, I've heard about this Polaris game, show me how it works")?
  • Do people feel more comfortable with an open, border-free space where they can just sit down?  Or would they prefer a border (perhaps tables) to mark off the area?
  • What's on either side of the IGE booth-space?  Are we still next to registration?  What can we do in our design to help people get where they're going, but give them a chance to see what's cool on their way from point A to point B?  Should we drop a corridor for foot traffic through our demo area?  Or is that just going to inconvenience everybody, pedestrians and gamers alike?
Well, those are my starting questions.  I rather expect (and hope) that people's responses will prompt me to yet more questions.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Drew

• New Meeper
Re: Indie Games Explosion
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 02:08:34 PM »

The IGE is why I go to Dreamation!

Anyway, I'm for demos on demand. Chances are, someone's wanding by (or being dragged there) when they have a free moment, so they'd probably want the game right then.

I'd like to see some space for chilling and talking about the games.

My two cents.

Original Animal

• New Meeper
Re: Indie Games Explosion
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 07:46:22 AM »

Honestly I am for Demo on demand, partially since I am going to be GMing 5 slots in 4 days, It is hard to know when I could play any other games. 

I am an Indie Game Designer, Jen of Fire Water Productions (www.firewaterpro.com)  is my publisher...  if I can ever finish the manuscript.

I understand the desire for more comfy seats, but then the lounge area downstairs near the coffeeshop has some nice ones, as well as the mezzanine right at the front of the lobby, all have comfy seating... not that you can move it but the conversations could move to more comfortable areas...

My cent and a half...  (cheap  :o bastid)
Pages: [1]   Go Up