Double Exposure, Inc.
  • December 10, 2018, 09:41:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Life Interrupts...  (Read 4392 times)

Salvius

• Administrator
  • Mega Meeper
    • Double Exposure, Inc.
Life Interrupts...
« on: November 29, 2005, 08:28:59 PM »

To all my friends,

I've been somewhat out of communication for the last couple of weeks, so I wanted to explain. It's been a rather grueling time for me. I just visited my father in the ICU of Montefiore Hospital. Today he had a quadruple bypass operation - he had been complaining of arm and chest pain and they had found 4 blocked arteries.

All of my attention has gone to taking care of him, running around talking to doctors and getting things set up, and the next two weeks are going to be spent making sure he comes home well and that he is taken care of here.

The good news is, he is fine now and should make a complete recovery. The bad news is, I am certainly not going to be able to do anything with AS3.0 for the next few weeks. If necessary, we will convert characters after DREAMATION. I hope you all understand.

>>>Vinny

GM John

• Super Meeper
  • Oł est la foudre bleu?
Re: Life Interrupts...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 10:31:08 PM »

Of course we understand Vinny, there's no rush.  It only gives more time to iron things out.

Sorry for this stressful time, and glad it's turning out well.  I don't know much about such things but it sounds as if finding the blockages due to arm and chest pain is better than a more life-threatening incident being the first clue, so that's a blessing.

I hope that bright side in it's strange way enhanced your Thanksgiving rather than the whole episode ruining it.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Frigemall

• Da Pope!
  • Super Meeper
  • Living on a bomb and a prayer
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 01:20:24 AM »

I am very glad to hear that your father will make a complete recovery. Having just lost a parent, I can say with certainty there is little more important than being there for them while you can. Anyone who can not understand and critisizes you for it is not worth your attention anyway. The system is fun and something many of us enjoy, but it is not more important than family. I will pray for both you and your Dad.

Felicia

• Senior Meeper
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 10:46:43 AM »

Vinny--

Glad to hear that your father is doing well.  Best wishes from me and Mark.

Felicia

Yuri_Prime

• Esper Prime
  • Mega Meeper
  • It's all in the mind...
    • Buddha's Homepage
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 11:10:01 AM »

It's good that it was caught before anything horrible happened, and it's even better to hear that he'll make a full recovery. As for being out of touch, don't ever allow thoughts of entertainment and games to interfere with real life. If you needed to take a year off to deal with something of this nature, I'm certain every single one of us would understand completely.

Real life always supercedes game life.

Godspeed on your father's recovery dude.

- Rob
Head of House Octagon and Representative to the Council
Premiere of the Soviet Union
Chief Evolutionary Engineer

"Your thoughts will be addressed..."

Hank

• New Meeper
    • Savage X Interactive Literature
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 11:10:38 AM »

We wish you well from down here too.  See you soon.

Sinkuu

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 01:16:20 PM »

Real life always supercedes game life.

Quoted for Emphasis

Linda Baldwin

• Administrator
  • Mega Meeper
  • DOBA!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 01:38:51 PM »

Wow.  I'm so sorry you've been having to deal with this, but I'm thrilled your dad's gonna be OK.  (As David put it, it's a good thing he complained!)

I had a friend go through the same thing a few years ago; the difference in his health and quality of life was extraordinary.  It's wonderful that they found the problem and corrected it in time.

As always, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  If there's anything you need, let me know.  If you need to make any changes to your schedule/life/plans to accommodate real life, we'll all deal. 

Mucho love,
Linda
Linda Baldwin
Co-Director of Board Gaming

Zane

• Junior Meeper
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 06:49:04 PM »

I am glad to hear that your father's going to be alright. The game, the system, the Cons, all of it takes a backseat to looking after one's family and making certain that those that you care about are alright. I'll send positive wishes toward you all. If you need anything, just ask.
How badly do you wish to know?

Salvius

• Administrator
  • Mega Meeper
    • Double Exposure, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 06:58:19 PM »

Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. I just got back from the hospital, and Dad looks great - he's already sitting and moving all limbs. Hopefully, he'll be back home by Sunday or Monday.

No complications.

>>>Vinny

Julie

• Junior Meeper
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 10:09:56 AM »

Vinny,

I am happy to hear your father is doing better and should be home soon...  Please do not hesitate to call if you need ANYTHING. 

Julie
"Life and death, energy and peace, if i stop today it was still worth it. Even the terrible mistakes, that I have made and would have unmade if I could. The pains that have burned me and scarred my soul, it was worth it for having been allowed to walk where I've walked."

klz_fc

• Board Game Slave
  • Board Gaming Staff
  • Senior Meeper
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2005, 02:41:42 PM »

Best wishes to you and your family, Vinny.

Dr. Steed

• Assistant Director of Electronic Gaming
  • Super Meeper
  • I fight for the Users.
    • OracleNet
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 03:00:35 PM »

Vinny;

No worries about the System. It'll keep.

I'm so glad to hear that he's doing well. Please do keep us up to date.

::HUG::
"There are no experimental failures, only more data."
-Bryce Lynch

Double Exposure Electronic Gaming - Omnis vestia substructio es servus ad nobis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up